Offseason OBX Eats
‘Tis the (off)season! For many locals, that means a break from the busy warm months and a time to travel, visit with friends and family, and maybe even take a nap. What a glorious concept, eh? For visitors, it means that some of your favorite places to eat on the Outer Banks might be closed for a few weeks during the dead of winter.
But don’t worry! There are plenty of other options if your go-to restaurant is on hiatus while you’re here. It’s a great opportunity to try something new and experience what it’s like to eat like a local.
Here’s a list of some popular OBX restaurants’ hours and days of operations. Just remember that this is not set in stone, and it’s always best to call before you head out to dinner (especially right around the holidays). We’ll be updating this post with new information throughout the winter.
- Basnight’s Lone Cedar Cafe: Closed Monday-Wednesday. Open for dinner Thursday-Sunday and also offering Sunday brunch. Closed January 1-February 12.
- Barefoot Bernie’s: Open year round 7 days/week 11am-10 pm (except holidays)
- Black Pelican: Open year round.
- Captain George’s Seafood: Open year round. Closed Christmas day.
- China House: Open year round.
- China King: Open year round.
- Corolla Pizza: Open for lunch Monday thru Friday all winter. Southern Shores Pizza is open every day from 11:00 till 9:00 but depending on interest hours may change.
- Dirty Dick’s: Open year round 11am-9pm.
- Fuji Steakhouse: Open year round. Lunch: Tuesday – Saturday 11:30am – 3:00pm. Dinner: Sunday – Thursday 5:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday 5:00pm – 11:00pm (Closed Mondays in off-season)
- I Got Your Crabs: Open year round 7 days/week 11:30am-9: 00 pm. Open Christmas Eve, but call ahead! Closed Christmas day.
- Jimmy’s Seafood: Closed until March
- JK’s Restaurant: Closed December 22-25. Reopens December 26 at 5 pm. Taking reservations for New Year’s Eve.
- Lifesaving Station Restaurant: Open for breakfast at 7 am, lunch at 11:30 am, and dinner from 5pm-9pm. See website for Christmas Day and New Years menus.
- Lucky 12 Tavern: Closed December 23-25 and then again from January 17-March 3.
- Nags Head Pier: Closed for the season.
- Owens’ Restaurant: Open year round, including New Year’s Eve – no reservations required!
- Pamlico Jack’s: Open Wednesday-Saturday for dinner. Closed for Christmas but open on January 2 with live entertainment and half-priced food. Call ahead after the first of the year for weekly hours.
- Pigman’s: Closed until Spring
- Rundown Café: Closed until March 1st
- Sanya Sushi: Open year-round for lunch and dinner. Closed Sundays.
- Shun Xing: Open year round.
- Sunset Grille: Closed until Spring 2016.
- Taiko Japanese Restaurant: Open year round, 7 days a week.
- Tortuga’s Lie: Closed until December 28.
- Yellow Submarine: Closed December 1-25, Re-open December 26. Hours are 11:30am-7: 30 pm, including New Year’s Eve & New Year’s Day.
Do you advertise with us and don’t see your restaurant on this list, or are you interested in advertising in 2016? Let us know!