I’m substituting tuna steaks for canned tuna and fried spiraled potatoes for the potato chip topping. Fresh green beans and scallion curls replace the ever-present holiday green bean casserole.
- 2 tuna fillets, 1-inch thick
- Freshly ground pepper
- Peanut oil
- 2 TB unsalted butter
- Coat tuna heavily in pepper.
- Heat iron skillet over medium-high heat with a thin coating of peanut oil. Add butter. When foamy, put in fillets. Cook 3 minutes first side, 2 minutes second side for rare.
- 4 TB unsalted butter
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 TB chopped green olives
- 2 tsp chopped green peppercorns
- Melt butter. Add rest of ingredients. Heat through. Spoon over tuna.
Outer Banks Restaurants https://www.outerbanksrestaurantguide.com/