Oeufs Mollet à la Florentine
Oeufs Mollet à la Florentine - soft eggs with spinach. Baby bella mushrooms are sautéed in butter and placed on top of a bed of spinach. Sautéed mushrooms are spread over the spinach, and then eggs are soft-cooked, peeled, and placed on top. Mornay sauce, another classic French sauce, is poured over, and the whole is sprinkled with grated Parmesan cheese. After a quick trip under the broiler to lightly brown the cheese, breakfast is ready.
- 8 eggs
- 1 pound fresh spinach, stems discarded, and chopped
- 8 baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 4 TB unsalted butter
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Again, pin-prick the large end of each egg. Gently lower the eggs into the water, bring to a simmer, and cook about 6 minutes. Pour water out and shake the pan to crack the shells. Cool completely, then shell eggs under cold, running water.
- Melt 2 TB butter over medium-high heat in saucepan. Cook spinach until wilted, about 2 minutes. Add salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Arrange spinach in ovenproof dish large enough to accommodate 2 eggs.vMelt remaining butter over medium high heat in saucepan. Sauté mushrooms until nicely browned. Season to taste with salt. Spread mushrooms over spinach.
- Add 2 eggs per serving. Top with Mornay Sauce.
Outer Banks Restaurants https://www.outerbanksrestaurantguide.com/