Nut And Berry Bark
I like a party to end on a sweet note, and here’s a favorite recipe from my Christmas baking every year. Everyone loves the cranberry and pistachio bark. These treats can be prepared days (or weeks) ahead of time and frozen. Just be sure to bring to room temperature before serving.
- 3 cups shelled, raw, unsalted pistachios
- 3 cups dried cranberries
- 2 ½ pounds white chocolate, chopped
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Place pistachios on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Do not overcook or the nuts will lose their bright green color. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Place a steamer basket in a medium saucepan with ½ inch of water in it. Bring to boil. Add cranberries, cover, and steam 3-4 minutes, until soft. Transfer berries to paper towels and blot dry. Let cool completely.
- Place white chocolate in a double boiler and set over simmering water. Be sure no water drops into the chocolate, which will cause it to seize up. Stir chocolate occasionally until it’s completely melted and smooth.
- Reserve 4 TB each of cranberries and the greenest pistachios. Stir remaining nuts and berries into white chocolate.
- Line pans with parchment paper and, using an offset or angled spatula, evenly spread mixture in each pan. Sprinkle the reserved nuts and berries over the top. Refrigerate until hardened, then break into pieces.
- Here’s a bonus: your bark can double as party favors. Wrap some pieces of bark in sparkly tissue paper or place in festive bags so each guest has sweet memories to take home from your party. Fills 2 - 12x17 inch baking sheets.
Outer Banks Restaurants https://www.outerbanksrestaurantguide.com/