- 1 lb. Asparagus
- 8-10 slices of shaved maple ham
- Coarse grained mustard (to taste)
- 1 box puff pastry sheets (from the freezer aisle), defrosted according to instructions
- To blanch the asparagus, simply drop the spears in salted, boiling water and cook for 60 seconds. Immediately drain and plunge the spears into a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking and set the bright green color.
- Wrap each spear in a slice of ham.
- Brush some mustard on a sheet of puff pastry, then wrap each spear in the uncooked pastry sheet.
- Bake in a 400° oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown.
Outer Banks Restaurants https://www.outerbanksrestaurantguide.com/