Rosie's Crabmeat Boule
For my appetizer course, I’m attacking the communal fondue pot of the 60s which contained a cheesy meltdown and begged for double-dipping. It screamed, “Fondon’t!” Instead, I’m making an edible fondue “pot” that contains a sublime crab dip.
- 1 boule, top sliced off and hollowed out
- 1 pound crabmeat
- 6 TB unsalted butter
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 3 ounces Brie
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1-2 TB sherry
- 2 TB chopped red onion
- 2 TB chopped red, orange, yellow, and green peppers
- Hot paprika
- Combine butter, cream cheese, and Brie in a saucepan, and melt over low heat.
- Stir in lemon juice. Gently fold in crabmeat being careful not to break up any lumps.
- Heat through. Stir in sherry, onion, and pepper. Pour crabmeat mixture into boule.
- Sprinkle paprika on top. Place on baking sheet along with torn pieces of
- bread. Bake at 325° about 20 minutes, until bread is toasted.
Outer Banks Restaurants http://www.outerbanksrestaurantguide.com/