Rosies Carolina Blue Eggs
- 8 oz. crab meat
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 heaping tsp minced celery
- 1 heaping tsp minced red onion
- 1 heaping tsp minced red bell pepper
- 1 heaping TB chopped parsley
- 1 TB mayonnaise
- ½ tsp Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tsp Lea & Perrins® Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups Napa cabbage, shredded
- 2 TB lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Combine first nine ingredients. Refrigerate.
- Mix cabbage with lemon juice. Season to taste. Refrigerate.
- With a pushpin, prick a small hole in the large end of each egg to keep them from cracking while cooking. Fill a medium sauce pan with water. Bring to a boil. Carefully transfer the eggs to the boiling water. Cook for 5 minutes and 15 seconds. Transfer eggs to a bowl of ice water and chill completely.
- Carefully peel the eggs. Using ¼ of the crab mixture, pat it out in a thin layer on your hand. Place an egg in your crab-covered hand and gently wrap crab mixture around the egg. Eggs can be prepared ahead of time to this point. Wrap each egg in plastic wrap and refrigerate until you’re ready to fry. At fry time, roll each egg in flour, dip in egg wash, then roll in the panko. Refrigerate Pour 2 inches of peanut oil into a heavy-bottomed pot. Heat over medium until temperature reaches 375°. Working
- in two batches, fry the eggs until
- they are golden brown, 2-3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon,
- transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Divide cabbage among four plates. Cut each egg length-
- wise and place on cabbage. Drizzle with Classic Hollandaise Sauce.
outer banks restaurants http://www.outerbanksrestaurantguide.com/