Mixed Greens & Strawberry Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
- 3-4 cups of spinach and assorted salad greens
- 8-10 Strawberries (sliced)
- 1 small red onion (sliced)
- 1 kiwi (sliced)
- 1 avocado (sliced)
- 1 Tbsp. chopped onion
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp. ground mustard
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup canola oil
- 1 (heaping) Tbsp. poppy seeds
- In a mini-processor, combine the onion, salt, pepper, ground mustard, lemon juice, vinegar, and sugar.
- Slowly add in oil with machine running, to get a nice emulsion.
- Hand stir in poppy seeds.
- Assemble salad ingredients. Pour dressing over top and toss.
outer banks restaurants http://www.outerbanksrestaurantguide.com/