Cranberry and Pomegranate Cream
For the ultimate fall dessert, I recommend Cranberry and Pomegranate Cream.
- 3 cups cranberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1- 20 oz. can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- Pulse cranberries in food processor until fine.
- Transfer to mixing bowl and stir in sugar. Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours or overnight. Drain any accumulated juices from the cranberries.
- Stir in marshmallows and pineapple. Set aside. Whip heavy cream until it begins to thicken. Beat in powdered sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form.
- Fold whipped cream into cranberry mixture, 1/3 at a time, until fully incorporated. Transfer to 8 x 8 inch baking dish. Freeze.
- Before serving, garnish with pomegranate seeds. Drizzle with honey, if desired. An easy way to remove seeds is to halve your pomegranate, hold half over a bowl, and spank it with a wooden spoon. The pomegranate arils will pop right out.
outer banks restaurants http://www.outerbanksrestaurantguide.com/