Cherry Tomatoes Stuffed With Gremolata
Whenever I serve appetizers, I like to have a few one-bite wonders. One of my favorite one-biters is a recipe with cherry tomatoes stuffed with gremolata, a versatile, herbal condiment. What’s great about this recipe is that everything can be prepared and assembled the day before the party.
- 2 dozen cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 TB chopped basil
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ cup toasted almonds
- 1 TB fresh rosemary
- 3-4 TB extra light olive oil
- Process all ingredients except oil until you get a nice homogeneous mixture. Slowly pour in oil while processing.
- Slice a thin sliver off bottoms and tops of tomatoes so they sit level. Halve tomatoes and squeeze gently to get rid of the seeds and pulp. Mound a little gremolata on each half.
- This entire platter can be prepared the day before as long as you seal it in an airtight container to prevent it from drying out. Warning: If you make them a day ahead, hide in the refrigerator so they don’t disappear before the party.
outer banks restaurants http://www.outerbanksrestaurantguide.com/